Top 10 Hanukkah Quotes
10. Blessed is the match consumed in kindling flame. Blessed is the flame that burns in the secret fastness of the heart.
~ Hannah Senesh
9. Chanuka is about the spark of the divine in all of us made in God’s image.
~ Suzanne Fields
8. The darkness of the whole world cannot swallow the glowing of a candle.
~ Robert Altinger
7. To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle, every cubic inch of space is a miracle.
~ Walt Whitman
6. Is not Hanukkah a symbol of Israel, and its light a symbol of his immortality?
~ Leo Jung
5. We light candles in testament that faith makes miracles possible.
~ Nachum Braverman
4. As long as Hanukkah is studied and remembered, Jews will not surrender to the night. The proper response, as Hanukkah teaches, is not to curse the darkness but to light a candle.
~ Irving Greenberg
3. A candle is a small thing. But one candle can light another. And see how its own light increases, as a candle gives its flame to the other. You are such a light.
~ Moshe Davis
2. Praised are You, Our God, Ruler of the universe, Who made us holy through your commandments and commanded us to kindle the Hanukah lights.
1. On Hanukkah, the first dark night, light yourself a candle bright. I’ll you, if you will me invite, to dance within that gentle light.
~ Nicholas Gordon